NourishVitals Roasted Chia Seeds (Superior Quality) – 200 gm
- NourishVitals chia seeds are superfoods that are nutrient-packed, delicious and low on calories.
- These seeds can be added to a variety of foods like oatmeal, yogurt, and smoothies.
- The high fiber, omega-3 fat and protein content make NourishVitals chia seeds a healthy food.
- NourishVitals chia seeds are non-fried, trans-fat free and contain no additives flavours like sugar, salt or preservatives.
- Additional information
- Reviews (31)
- HOW TO USE
They are gluten-free and loaded with protein, fiber, essential minerals and vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids. The nutrients in chia seeds help sustain your energy levels naturally and keeps you feeling full for a long time. It can be added to a variety of foods like oatmeal, yogurt, and smoothies. It is a satisfying snack. Including chia seeds in various recipes helps boost their nutritional value. NourishVitals chia seeds are of high quality. You must definitely consider adding NourishVitals chia seeds to your daily diet. Chia seeds have the ability to absorb fat and water and hence can be used as egg substitute and to thicken sauces. Studies suggest that chia seeds have wide range of health benefits.
- Chia seeds help sustain your energy levels while helping you stay fuller for a long time
A powerhouse of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Enrich your breakfast smoothies and shakes with chia seeds that contain dietary fiber, protein, minerals, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Chia seeds serve as a binder and thickener similar to flax seeds. It is one of the best egg substitutes in vegan recipes and for those who are allergic to eggs. Add a tablespoon of NourishVitals chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of water, stir and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. This mixture replaces one egg in cakes, cookies, muffins, and other baked items recipes.
Chia Seeds (Black)
EVIDENCE-BASED BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
1. LOADED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS
Chia seeds have high antioxidant content. They are also an excellent source of isoflavones . Free radical damage contributes to several chronic health problems like inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases, cancer and cataract. Antioxidants avert free radical damage by scavenging them. Consumption of plant-derived antioxidants is a suitable alternative to synthetic antioxidants which are recently reported to be perilous to human health. 
2. PACKED WITH PROTEIN
Chia seeds have decent amount of protein content and, hence, they have the potential to reduce risk of protein deficiency and correct protein-energy malnutrition.  Consumption of foods rich in protein helps in weight loss and helps maintain weight. A study was conducted to evaluate the effect of low protein diet (5 percent of total energy intake) and high protein (18 percent of total energy intake) on 113 overweight men and women for 4 weeks. The results revealed that the group which was given high protein diet lost more weight than those on low protein diet. 
3. GOOD FOR SKIN
A study was carried out to evaluate the benefits of topical use of omega-3 fatty acids. The topical products used in the study had chia seed oil. Five participants with pruritus (due to renal disease) and five healthy volunteers who had xerotic pruritus participated in the study. The results revealed that topical formulation with chia oil improved skin hydration, prurigo nodularis and simplex chronicus in the patients while skin hydration improved in healthy participants who had xerotic pruritus. 
4. HELPS REDUCE BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL
One of the typical symptoms of untreated type-2 diabetes is high level of fasting blood sugar. Consistent high sugar levels increase the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease . Animal studies have revealed that chia seeds improve blood sugar control and insulin sensitivity by stabilizing the sugar levels after taking food. . A few studies support this result by showing that while eating bread increases the post-meal blood sugar level, incorporating chia seeds into the breast reduced the post-meal spike in blood sugar .
1. HOW MUCH CHIA SEEDS CAN I TAKE PER DAY?
About 2 to 3 tablespoons (15 to 20 grams) of chia seeds is recommended for adults per day. For teens and kids (10 to 18 years), about 10 grams and children younger than 10 years can take less than a tablespoon per day.
2. HOW LONG CAN I STORE CHIA SEEDS IN FRIDGE?
Usually, the shelf life of chia seeds is about two years after it is processed. However, it can last for 2 to 4 years if stored properly.
3. CAN CHIA SEEDS CAUSE ALLERGY?
Although very rare, there is a possibility that it could cause allergy. Generally, people who are allergic to mustard or sesame seeds or to other species that belongs to salvia family like sage can be allergic to it.
4. CAN I TAKE CHIA IF I AM ON MEDICATION?
Well, it depends on the kind of medications you are taking. In such cases, it is suggested to discuss with a healthcare professional before taking chia seeds.
|Expiry/Shelf Life/Best Before||
200 gm/ 7 oz.
1, 2, 3
|Veg / Non Veg||
Roasted Chia Seeds
Kids Under 5 Years old should be taken care of by adults while eating.